IPL laser treatments are the most recent form of beauty treatments introduced to the market. This procedure involves small devices that transmit intense pulsed light directly on to the skin – thus making the skin heat up and regenerate healthy cells as well as discarding unwanted ones.
IPL laser treatments can be used for a wide range of purposes, but it is most commonly administered for the treatment of wrinkles, sun damage, pigmentation, scarring, varicose veins, and hair removal. Since this list of uses is so diverse, the healing time varies accordingly as well.
Factors Affecting Recovery from IPL Laser Treatment
1. Area of Skin
Some areas of the skin are far more sensitive than others. If you have an IPL laser treatment done on your face, you are likely to have a longer recovery time than your arm or leg but only for a couple of days.
2. Size of Skin
Depending upon the size of the area that you are treating, recovery time will vary accordingly. Since there are more sessions required to treat larger areas of skin such as your back, the recovery time is also likely to be longer in general.
3. Skin Condition
Some people tend to have more sensitive skin as compared to others. If you suffer from any skin conditions such as inflammatory acne or eczema, it may take your skin slightly longer to heal.
Typical Recovery Periods
If you are treating veins such as varicose veins, your skin is likely to appear redder than normal for up to 5 days after treatment. The redness will eventually begin to fade once the veins are healed properly.
For freckles and age spots, the area of the skin being treated is likely to turn slightly dark for about 5 days before it begins to lighten.
Speeding Up the Recovery Process
If you want to make recovery from the IPL laser treatment in Bristol quicker, there are a few steps that you can take to ensure that your skin remains clean over the next few weeks.
· Avoid using makeup for the next few days or at least for up to 72 hours. If you must, then consult your dermatologist beforehand as they would be able to recommend the use of makeup to you according to your skin type.
· Apply mild and odorless cleansers once daily.
· If you go out into direct sunlight, apply a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF to prevent any burning sensations.
· Wash your face with lukewarm water twice daily.
· Have a microdermabrasion facial done about 3 weeks after your treatment sessions end. This will enable your skin to hydrate itself again after the removal of unwanted skin cells.